Transfer mail and settings to another computer (or another user account on the same machine)
Solution: The messages are typically in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/. For very old installations of KMail, the messages can also be in ~/Mail. Note that KMail uses hidden sub-directories inside that directory, so you need to make sure to copy hidden directories as well.
For settings you will need to copy the following files:
- ~/.kde/share/config/mailtransports, (since KDE 4.0)
- ~/.kde/share/config/emaildefaults and
- ~/.kde/share/config/emailidentities .
Your address book is usually stored in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/. Calendar data is in ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer
Be aware that some distributions use ~/.kde4 instead of ~/.kde/ for their KDE configuration data.
From version 4.4 you may have some Akonadi-controlled entries that also need to be kept. Add to the above list –
- Everthing under ~/.local/share/
- Everything under ~/.config/akonadi/.
- Everything under ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/ (KAddressBook stores contact groups in Nepomuk.)