Strange behaviour with Imagemagick’s convert file permission

For some weird reason I haven’t been able to find out why or how to change this, the image conversion on the new server, using Imagemagick’s “convert” command failed to set the right permissions to the output files, I spent a long time searching for some resources on the web about how to change the converted file permission of a converted image by Imagemagick’s convert command but all I got was more or less info about permission preventing the file to be converted.

So at the end I decided to see if inserting a simple system command that chmod the files after conversion would work.

It did.

So the problem is fixed, but I still don’t know why the permission aren’t right to start with, so if anyone’s got an answer feel free to share.

The US server is being phased out…

This weekend (Feb 6-7th) all websites are being moved to the UK server, the US server will be phased out…

The only big loss is the end of the Urchin Stats as theplanet was offering $0 license for this application, however I don’t think it will be felt too badly…

The job is :

  1. change all DNS records to point all the domain from the old NS (ev1servers) to the new NSes (mydomain)
  2. Backup all the websites using pleskbackup and a list of, see this PDF for information
  3. Backup the Urchin stats (you never know)
  4. copy the backup over to the UK server
  5. Restore the backup
  6. Modify the DNS records for all domains.
  7. Cancel the US server (this will be done on Tue after all is moved and working OK)